Associate Professor Simon Bell
MBBS, FRCS, FRACS, FAOrthA, PhD
A/Professor Simon Bell, an Adjunct Professor at Monash University, is a qualified Orthopaedic Surgeon (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and the Australian Orthopaedic Association), specialising in shoulder, elbow and sports injuries. He holds a PhD in shoulder surgery, is a former President of the Shoulder and Elbow Society of Australia (SESA), current President of the Victoria Shoulder and Elbow Society and a corresponding member of the Shoulder & Elbow Societies of Europe and U.S.A. He supervises an AOA accredited Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship and an Upper Limb Fellowship for qualified orthopaedic surgeons and is involved in registrar training and undergraduate teaching. He is the Head of the Upper Limb Unit, Monash University Department of Surgery, Monash Medical Centre.
A/Professor Simon Bell is internationally renowned for his clinical research and dedication to excellence in patient outcomes and has published widely in his field. He is frequently invited to speak at national and international conferences.
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Australian Orthopaedic Association (AOA)
- Asian Orthopaedic Association
- Mayo Alumni Association
- Sports Medicine Australia
- Shoulder and Elbow Society of Australia (foundation member and past President)
- Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society (foundation member)
- Victorian Shoulder and Elbow Society (VSES) (foundation member and past President)
- Corresponding Member: American Shoulder and Elbow Society
- Corresponding Member: European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and Elbow